Tue, Nov 28|
Stone & Spoon
November Death Cafe - End of Life Planning Workshop
Time & Location
Nov 28, 2023, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Stone & Spoon, 110 W Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti, MI 48197, USA
About the event
Join us on the two year anniversary of Death Cafe for an End of Life Planning event with Acacia - End of Life Services on Tuesday, November 28th at 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM in The Gallery at Stone & Spoon.
Quick Event Summary:
In our event, we will be going over the advanced directive, Five Wishes (https://www.fivewishes.org). We will do an overview then go over each wish, leaving room for questions. From there, we will break out and have folks work on their packet and ideally leave with a completed and signed advanced directive.
There will be light refeshements and snacks available for guests to grab and eat.
This workshop is PAY WHAT YOU CAN, $5-$25/per person.
- Provide a supportive container for participants to engage in self-inquiry and conversation about their own future memorials
- Provide resources for the legal completion of a Medical Power of Attorney designation
- Celebrate the creation/formalization of a Medical Power of Attorney
- Build community through discussion and activities
- Normalize conversations around end-of-life planning and create concrete, actionable plans for the future that are legally recognized and upheld, or serve as directions for loved ones
Workshop participants will leave this event with a Legal Medical Power of Attorney
Hanna is a Death Doula and Founder of Acacia End of Life Services. Some of her services include bedside support, advanced planning, body disposal and non-traditional funerals. She hosts the Ypsilanti Death Cafe the last Tuesday of every month at The Gallery at Stone & Spoon in Ypsilanti.
Leah Crosby is an MFA candidate at the Stamps School of Art and Design at the University of Michigan. Their research interests include caregiving relationships, memory loss, and the ways that the pandemic has shifted grief and support infrastructures. They are a licensed massage therapist and a volunteer counselor for LGBTQ youth in crisis.
Mobility note: Our beautiful 19th century building has no elevator, so all attendees will need to take a flight of stairs up to attend this workshop. If you are unable to do stairs, please contact us to see how we might be able to accommodate you.
- Ticket type
Pay What You CanPricePay what you want
+Service fee+Service fee